This week, Seafood Scotland, supported by Connect Local, will be heading to Sheffield to take part in the 20th Skills for Chefs conference. Seafood Scotland are a headline sponsor and will be showcasing Scotland’s incredible seafood to hundreds of chefs.
The conference will showcase the talents of leading chefs, encourage the sharing of skills and knowledge, spotlight topical and political issues and provides chefs with the opportunity to network with colleagues and suppliers.
A plethora of Scottish seafood will be showcased throughout the two days through a range of exciting events, ensuring all seafood sectors from the entire industry are highlighted
- UK Young Restaurant Team finalists using haddock, cod and monkfish
- Opening evening canapes featuring langoustine, sea trout, brown crab and plaice
- Opening evening meal, cooked by Cyrus Todiwala, featuring cod
- Skills for Chefs conference breakfast featuring smoked haddock and kippers
- Skills for Chefs conference BBQ lunch featuring salmon and mackerel
- Paul Cunningham using turbot and langoustine in his demonstrations
- Oysters used for Seafood Scotland’s mini ‘oyster shucking challenge’
- The Gala Dinner will feature lobster, scallops and smoked salmon
In addition to Scottish seafood being an attraction, Seafood Scotland will also be joined by fisherman, Peter Bruce of the Budding Rose and representing the processing sector, Stephen Thomson of JK Thomson.
This activity will support ongoing efforts to raise the knowledge and quality reputation of our seafood and forge new relationships with chefs from across the country for further activity in the future. It will also support business development by building sales connections for the UK marketplace. All sales enquiries received throughout the event will be circulated to the industry post event.
For more information about the Skills for Chefs Conference visit skillsforchefs.org.uk and keep an eye on @SeafoodFromScot and @SkillsforChefs for updates on the day.