Scotland Food & Drink is pleased to offer a new, virtual, free of charge, meet the buyer opportunity with Fife Cultural Trust (FCT) this month.
The Trust is seeking local/Scottish suppliers for a new catering opportunity across the region, Summer in the Park.
Due to the trading restrictions caused by Covid-19, the Trust is diversifying its style of catering (hitherto indoors in cafes, venues etc) to support the selling and consumption of food and drink across its outdoor spaces and buildings.
The following food operations are currently being considered:
- Outdoor café serviced by a pop- up style catering cart offering a range of seasonal and locally- sourced food and drink products, during July and August, outside Adam Smith theatre in Kirkcaldy
- From this café, lunch and afternoon tea will also be served, together with a food and drink picnic basket/hamper offer, for customers either to sit on the grass area spilling over from the car park or to take away. There are also plans to sell the hampers via shopappy.com
- Mobile catering van that will be parked at tourist hotspots and/or desirable local sites throughout Fife
- Beer garden (tbc)
Hospitality will be complemented by performances by local musicians.
At the heart of the initiative is the aim of providing locally sourced food and drink from Fife, reflecting the outstanding quality of the food in the area while integrating and building a social community-led collaboration approach for the project.
WHAT FIFE CULTURAL TRUST IS LOOKING FOR
The Trust is looking for suppliers of the following products. Whilst applications are open to all, they would particularly welcome those from Fife and Tayside
- Quality, handmade tray bakes, cakes, scones and biscuits
- Quality, handmade sandwiches
- Picnic items such as scotch eggs/handheld savoury pies/pastries/pre-packed oatcakes/charcuterie etc*
- Fresh local fruit
- Yogurt pots
- Healthy snacks/crisps/confectionery
- Local beers; non- alcoholic wines
- Scottish soft drinks and bottled water
(* note that products will have to meet health and safety guidelines related to covid-19)
HOW TO REGISTER
If you believe that you have a product (s) that meets the requirements above, please register your interest by completing the application form here by Tuesday 23rd June
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Thursday 25th June
There will be no charge for participation
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries