A Highland Cow safari voucher, a Cheesy Night In and a Festive Afternoon Tea for Two in a Box are some of the seasonal food and drink gift ideas being highlighted by regional food brand Savour the Flavours.
The twelve local food and drink products and gift vouchers have been published on the Savour the Flavours website to help make it easier for people in Dumfries & Galloway to buy local and gift local this Christmas.
Liz Ramsay of Savour the Flavours said:
“We are so bombarded with Christmas offers and deals that can be easy to overlook the amazing range of products and experiences that are available on our doorstep. So we’ve gathered six products and six gift vouchers which we think are a tempting mix of delicious treats – whether to gift to a loved one or to enjoy yourself. Most of them are super-easy to order and many of them can be delivered to your door.
“Local businesses can help make this busy time of year a little bit easier in all kinds of ways – from a bundle of Festive Essentials delivered to your doorstep from Roan’s Dairy to a last minute digital gift voucher delivered to your inbox.
“There are also some fantastic options for food and drink experiences to share – perhaps as an alternative to an office Christmas party. Instead of a boozy night out you can order a whisky tasting set, an afternoon tea experience or a cheeseboard selection – or perhaps all three – and enjoy a shared experience with colleagues from the comfort of your own home.
“I think this year has shown us just how important our local businesses are to our rural economy, and shopping locally this Christmas is something that many of us are keen to do. The idea behind this Savour the Flavours gift guide is to make shopping and gifting local that little bit easier. This is only a tiny fraction of what’s available from local businesses across our region, so we’re calling on people across Dumfries & Galloway to make it a local Christmas to remember.”
The 12 Local Gifts for Christmas are:
- Festive Afternoon Tea in a Box for Two from Brodies of Moffat
- Tasting Selection Pack from Annandale Distillery
- A Cheesy Night In from The Ethical Dairy (Gatehouse)
- A Christmas Case of Beer from Sulwath Brewery (Castle Douglas)
- Essential Festive Bundle from Roan’s Dairy (across much of D&G)
- Christmas Treat Box from Unique Sweets ‘n’ Savouries (Dumfries)
- Afternoon Tea for Two Gift Voucher from The Boathouse, Glencaple
- Afternoon Tea for Two Gift Voucher from Abbey Cottage Tearoom
- Cookery School Gift Vouchers from Station House Cookery School (Kirkcudbright)
- Highland Cow Experience Gift Voucher from Kitchen Coos & Ewes (New Luce)
- Cheese Making Workshop Voucher from The Ethical Dairy (Gatehouse)
- Ice Cream Making Workshop Voucher from Cream o’ Galloway (Gatehouse)
The Savour the Flavours Christmas gift guide includes ordering information and order deadlines, as well as highlighting where group or bulk discounts are available. Many of the local businesses featured are offering free local delivery or festive discounts.
Station House Cookery School in Kirkcudbright is running a special gift voucher bonus where buying a gift voucher for a loved one will unlock a bonus gift voucher for the purchaser. Owner Nick Morris commented:
“We are really proud to be part of the Savour the Flavours Christmas promotion and support the excellent work they continue to do in supporting local businesses. Christmas is a really important time of year for us, and for the local food and drink producers we work with. We are really grateful for all th local support there’s been so far, and by continuing to support each other we can all look forward to a positive 2021.”
The Savour the Flavours Christmas gift guide can be found at https://savourtheflavours.co.uk/christmas.html