Regional Food Fund
Get information about the fund and discover how to apply
The Connect Local Regional Food Fund (RFF) is a grant to support growth in Scotland’s local / regional food and drink sector. This is a competitive fund and applicants can apply for grants up to a maximum of £5000.
This fund will support initiatives and projects in Scotland which celebrate and promote locally sourced and produced food and drink, in line with the priorities of Ambition 2030. The fund is for collaborative projects where groups of producers and food & drink businesses benefit from these initiatives and projects are expected to deliver benefits over the long-term. More information is provided in the Guidance Notes.
- Complete and submit the Application Form, below, by the submission deadline.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel that will meet three times per annum over the next two years.* The panel will meet approximately 4 weeks after the submission deadline.
- Applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision within two weeks of the panel meeting and successful applicants will receive a grant contract to sign and return along with bank details.
- Successful applications will receive 50% of the funding upon completion of the aforementioned contract and the balance of funding will be paid upon project completion; and the receipt and approval of a final project report.
Submission Deadlines - First Panel
The submission deadline for the first panel is 12 July 2018 with the panel meeting in early August to review applications.
Future Submission Deadlines and Panel Meetings*
Applications can be submitted at any time but the application process closes on the submission deadline. All submission deadlines will be highlighted on the Connect Local website. An indication of proposed future submission deadlines is as follows:
- November 2018 (actual date to be confirmed)
- March 2019 (actual date to be confirmed)
- July 2019 (actual date to be confirmed)
- November 2019 (actual date to be confirmed)
- March 2020 (actual date to be confirmed)
*Please note that if the RFF budget is exhausted earlier than expected the number of panels may be reduced.